Junior High Webcast coming up with Kurt and Justin on July 2, 11 am CST on building a magnetic middle school ministry. How you can be attractive and missional that kids are drawn too with a missional aspect.
SIGN UP HERE!!!!
Christ in Youth, our exclusive podcast partner!!!!
For more information about
- Christ in Youth our Podcast Partner
- Email Sign-ups
- Places to find the podcast
- Our Youtube Page
- Controlled Chaos Blog
- Social Media Links
Go to controlledchaos.fun/linktree for all our links!
Links from this episode:
Youth Ministry Dog
Ministry Dog Twitter
Justin on Matt Lewis's Podcast
Crash Your Career
Magnetic Junior High Ministry
Whose on this episode?
Justin Herman LINKTREE
Youth Ministry Dog
Junior High Webcast coming up with Justin and Kurt on July 2 11 am CST on magnetic middle school ministry. How you can be attractive and missional that kids are drawn too with a missional aspect.
How to make the game time the best it can be—Justin and Kurt (04:37)
- Design it around the person with the least amount of skill in the room.
- Don’t do it by gender.
- Don’t try and force the game into your theme.
- Don’t force the kids to participate if they don’t want to play.
- Fun isn’t always games—it can be a skit or a bit on stage.
- Payoff must be equal or greater than the setup.
- Be clear and fair. Jr. Higher’s are justice oriented.
- Once in a while figure out how to involve specials needs students
- Do fun games but don’t make it the focus.
- Don’t apologize for doing games. They build trust and learn teamwork.
Youth Ministry Dog (22:30)
Interview Tips (30:43 ) Matt Lewis
- If you do what you say and show up and honor the commitment, you will be fine
- Don’t have a scarcity mentality. Fifteen minutes can turn into hours of content when the publicist tells others you honored the agreement.
Isaac Morehouse (35:03) CEO of Crash and Founder of Praxis
- Find something besides a degree to add to your resume to show your skill, and you have done something.
- Intern for free to learn the skills
- Do not be afraid to fail or experiment to find the solution
- Dominate your niche
- Two main things matter in the market place
- Create Value
- Prove you can create value
- Don’t do things you hate
- Don’t do things you are terrible at
- Your resume needs to be more than bullet points
- Narrow down the companies you are applying to and do something extraordinary
- Find a need and show it to them (make them a Facebook page and give it to them, send them a logo if it is low resolution, offer to work for free)
- Create a project that shows your skills in a tangible way
Anthony Vargas (1:02:03) 7 Jr. High Tips
- Know the name of Jr. High Students, leaders, and parents.
- Every Monday, pick five students and send them a letter.
- Try to interact with Jr. high students five senses when teaching the Bible
- Embrace their digital world
- Go out and evangelize with your students. They need to see it lived out.
- The feedback of students is vital.
- The only thing they need from you is a heart that has been with Jesus.
- How are we strategically using our game time? What should we start doing, stop doing, and keep doing?
- Have you/we reached out to someone outside the church for a meeting? If so did you/we honor them or leave a bad taste about you or our organization? How can you/we improve?
- What is your unique intersection of skills and abilities?
- Do we know all of our volunteer’s names? Do they know their kid’s names?
- What have we learned from our students? When was the last time we asked them (if ever)?
Meet the HOST!
Go to controlledchaos.fun/Justin for all his links!
Question or Show ideas? Email Justin!
Controlled Chaos Podcast: A junior high ministry podcast for youth workers!
Thank you for tuning in. The work youth workers do hard work, thank you! Thank you for taking the time to get a little more equipped to do Junior High or Middle School Ministry in your Youth Ministry or Student Ministry at your church. Keep it up!