Episode 0073 Student Leadership Week 4, Marko, Charlie Kirk from Turning Point USA and Chris and Emily Norton from The Seven Longest Yards Youth Ministry Junior High Chaos Nation
Christ in Youth, our exclusive podcast partner!!!! CIY.com/chaos
WE ARE PART OF THE YOUTH MINISTRY PODCAST NETWORK, Link HERE! Featuring: Controlled Chaos Podcast, Youth Ministry United, MultiMulti Podcast, The Fringe Youth Worker Podcast and Why We Stayed Podcast Great podcasts make up the Youth Ministry Podcast Network. For more info on the network and to check out other podcasts go to youthministrypodcastnetwork.com
Go to linktr.ee/controlledchaospodcast for all our links!
Who is on this episode:
Chris and Emily Norton
Student Leadership Tip #4 (Mark Oestreicher)
- Consider a leadership community rather than single serving leadership teams
- All the teams in one
- Adult and student leaders
Justin and Kurt--topics to teach about leadership and servanthood (9:00)
- Every other week do an inner quality and outer quality of a leader (Kurt)
- Teaching ownership and learning from it (be able to fess up) (Justin)
- Servant leadership (Kurt)
- Following up on visitors (Kurt)
- Don’t be a click (Kurt)
- Plan an event (Kurt)
- Honesty and timeliness (Kurt)
- Generosity (Kurt)
- Leverage Influence (Kurt)
- On marginalized people
- Don’t do it alone (Justin)
- Accountability (Justin)
- Skill of assessment (gifts and wiring) (Justin)
- Give feedback (Justin)
Charlie Kirk, Turning Point USA
- A strong message can create a strong movement
- Students are looking for a purpose to believe in
- People are not correct just because they have degrees and someone else is a student
- It just takes one person telling a student that they can do something good
- Always ask more questions than you get asked
- Don’t look at any interaction as a waste of time
- 1 thing to tell students—embrace failure. Everyone will fail at something
Meet the HOST!
Go to Linktr.ee/heyjustinherman for all his links!
Question or Show ideas? Email Justin!
Controlled Chaos Podcast: A junior high ministry podcast for youth workers!
Thank you for tuning in. The work youth workers do hard work, thank you! Thank you for taking the time to get a little more equipped to do Junior High or Middle School Ministry in your Youth Ministry or Student Ministry at your church. Keep it up!