Episode 0076 Time Machine, Volunteer Cycle, Tim Harlow and Phyllis Fagell Youth Ministry Junior High Controlled Chaos
Christ in Youth, our exclusive podcast partner!!!! CIY.com/chaos
Download the Grow App...
WE ARE PART OF THE YOUTH MINISTRY PODCAST NETWORK, Link HERE! Featuring: Controlled Chaos Podcast, Youth Ministry United, MultiMulti Podcast, The Fringe Youth Worker Podcast and Why We Stayed Podcast Great podcasts make up the Youth Ministry Podcast Network. For more info on the network and to check out other podcasts go to youthministrypodcastnetwork.com
Go to linktr.ee/controlledchaospodcast for all our links!
Who is on this episode:
- Get involved in helping with the kids ministry event
Volunteer Cycle (Justin and Kurt)
Tim Harlow author of What made Jesus Mad
- Don’t give the students an inauthentic Jesus
- Make your teaching about the vision and passion of Jesus
- He was not always warm and cuddly
- You can have righteous anger without adding to the problem
- Jesus showed restraint at times where we show anger
Phyllis, Middle School Matters
- Do not minimize their distress. Middle School heartbreak is real heartbreak
- You will build a wall if you dismiss their pain
- If they ask about dating engage them in communication and ask open ended questions
- You need to worry about the kids doing the bullying too and teach them what it means to be kind and civil
- Encouraging girls in leadership
- Embrace a broader definition of leadership. You do not have to be outward facing to be a leader.
Meet the HOST!
Go to Linktr.ee/heyjustinherman for all his links!
Question or Show ideas? Email Justin!
Controlled Chaos Podcast: A junior high ministry podcast for youth workers!
Thank you for tuning in. The work youth workers do hard work, thank you! Thank you for taking the time to get a little more equipped to do Junior High or Middle School Ministry in your Youth Ministry or Student Ministry at your church. Keep it up!